Wednesday, August 02, 2006

INDEPENDENCE!


Starting tomorrow...for a whole month...I will have complete privacy and independence in Doha. *gulp!*
My family will be off to the Philippines on holiday. As for me, I am stuck here because of work and because I haven't been able to save enough (anything...really) to make my own summer plans. HOWEVER, having the flat to myself for a month should be extremely exciting. *wink wink*
I've become friends with some really cool people in the past couple of weeks:
Chantal - young Armenian fashion designer. She is a really sweet gorgeous girl I met through an old high school friend. She left last week to attend her graduation in the UK and holiday in Spain and will be back in the 3rd week of August. yey! girl friend!!!
Adelle - fabulous MAC make up artist, based in Kuwait. We clicked naturally when we met during dinner with Chantal. He is awesome, funny, cute and full of positive energy! He's lived a few years here and graduated from my sister's school. He is currently also studying advertising in Kuwait, where the gay queens are posh and evil. I love his stories...Makes me want to go to Kuwait in drag!!!
Leila - beautiful qatari-american girl who studies finance in Washington DC. Her dad owns my new favorite restaurant in Doha (Massaya), where I met her and Adelle for dinner. She is STYLE and GRACE!!! She left today to join Chantal in Spain and from there, head on back to the States. :( Will see her again during Christmas break.
Fares - lebanese-canadian party boi. I've known him for a couple of months as a casual friend. We've started getting close a couple of weeks ago. I love his dance moves and his fuck-this attitude (which most of my friends have anyway). He is hyper, chatty and a smooth talker. I think he's having withdrawal syndrome.
Maria - HOT HOT HOT british-indian girl. She is the ultimate, petite, chic fag hag! I found out later that we actually knew each other when we were kids. I grew up with her older brothers! She is also a model and a rock radio DJ.
My original set of friends are away. Sami has gone back to the States. Robert is on holiday. Kareem, Abdul and Aziz and partying in London. The list of people in my Doha life is getting longer and I'm beginning to feel the stress of having to give attention to more and more people...Hehehe.
I wanna buy a pair of pointy leather shoes...
I'm sleepy now...

5 Comments:

Blogger jax said...

Hey where can we see pictures?? How would you feel about us starting a "let's get jo to the phils" fund here? We can put a tin can with your picture on it at every checkout counter... I'm sure we'll have you here for a visit within the decade!!!!!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAHAHA...my suggestion: " let's get jo a round-the-world trip" fund...whoopeee! now that's hot.heheh...

will post pics soon!

mwah!

12:02 PM  
Blogger chrismiss said...

You've got OTHER friends?!!?!!??

3:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NOW I do! but most of them are here temporarily...just for the summer.

Adelle is going back to Kuwait end of August...He might even leave for a 2-week vacation in cyprus on sunday...kinda hoping that doesn't push through...heheheh..:-P he's too much fun!!!

Fares will be here until the end of the Asian Games..but he's parents are kinda planning on keeping him here...but he sooo wants to be back in montreal.

Maria is stuck here...she's gonna start uni this year...graphics design at the VCU-Qatar(that design school).

Chantal will be back this month..She'll be starting her fashion design career here...

Abdul, Kareem and Aziz will be back next week from the UK...by the way, Abdul met up with Will and they went to G-A-Y club. hehehe

9:51 PM  
Blogger chrismiss said...

Omg really? hahaha

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home