Tuesday, July 18, 2006

window of opportunity

So I’ve been improving my sleeping habit this past week and it’s absolutely amAAAAAzing!!! There IS one snag about going to bed before 11pm though – I keep waking up at 4.30 am!!! I can’t complain. I still feel more alive and vibrant. My eyes seem less puffy, and I think my erectile vessels have been waking up too. WOOOHOO!!!

I’ve been reflecting on my life here in Doha…again. This time however, I do intend to get my act together. Two weeks ago I was invited to a meeting with an international ad agency that had recently opened office in Qatar. They were offering me a job as a graphic designer. I had to be honest with them from the start, telling them that I would rather be focusing on establishing myself as a photographer. I know that if graphic design were to push my actual goals to the back seat and eating up most of my time and energy then I would not be happy nor productive. I spent the whole day getting acquainted with their team and it was spirited and inspiring. But my gut feel was telling me that it was not what I wanted. Or maybe I was being a sissy chicken!Waaaah!

That experience really pushed me to become more aggressive in pushing for photography work. I met a couple of people who were interested in collaborating with me. A young Armenian fashion designer, a fresh grad from a design school in England, was introduced to me by an old school friend. She was really perky, sensible and full of optimism. We met last weekend over coffee, exchanging ideas and listing down concepts for our pictorials. I would love to shoot at the souq, but people here are still not used to such “provocative” activity, so it might get messy and uncomfortable. So we wouldn’t tread that ground right now. We have other locations in mind as well. A Belgian breeder of Arabian show horses has also asked me to do some photography work for his farm and offered to refer me to other people who may need my services. I’ve also made contact with a local expat art group!!! YEEEEEY!!! It’s a really good start I think. Time to get these juices flowing! It’s about time!!!

I really should’ve done this much earlier. Living here has really made me lazy and an expert in time mis-management. I have become an awful troll!!! Boohoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger chrismiss said...

So that's where my sleep hours have gone!

7:42 AM  
Blogger chrismiss said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:42 AM  
Blogger jax said...

YOU"RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKKKKK I LOVEEEEEEEEE YOUR WRITING I"M A HUGEEEEEEEEEE FAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! of yours. xoxoxox when're you coming back to visit???

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home